What is the selection process for entry-level hires (Graduate Analysts) at BearingPoint?
We have a four-stage recruitment process for entry-level hires:
- Brief phone screening (general)
- Relevant assessment (this may be combined with the 1st interview)
- 1st interview (job fit and technical aptitude)
- 2nd interview (leadership and cultural fit, passion & potential)
Each stage is an elimination round.
Do I need a degree and if so, in which subject area?
We look for graduates in all disciplines. Candidates should at least have a 2.1 degree with a Business and/or Technical background. These include candidates who have studied: Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics/Statistics, Finance/Economics, Business/Management, Humanities.
What is BearingPoint looking for?
Graduates must display a wide range of personal qualities. A would-be consultant must possess the following attributes:
- Passion: enthusiastic about what we do and what we are
- Commitment: to delivering measurable results and value
- Excellence: lead by example and work hard to exceed clients’ expectations
- Teaming: help others succeed and celebrate both individual and team accomplishments
- Stewardship: promote a culture of empowerment and have training, sharing, experience and development as priorities
If I am not selected in the recruitment process, can I re-apply?
You can re-apply after a minimum of 1 year.
What’s the starting salary?
BearingPoint offer market leading salaries accompanied by a best in class benefits package.
What happens after I join?
You will receive on the job training whilst also being under the guidance of an experienced consultant and you will have a buddy assigned to you from day one. You will attend BearingPoint (BE) school (an international training programme for all new hires across the firm) within your first year where you will learn the core consulting skills. In addition, you will also have access to a comprehensive training curriculum including specialist, personal development and online training courses to help you develop your skills further.
How many people are there in BearingPoint Ireland?
How many people are there in the entire company?
5,000 staff across Europe and over 12,000 when combined with our Global Alliances.
Who are BearingPoint’s global alliance partners?
- Grupo ASSA (Central/South America)
- West Monroe Partners (United States)
- Arete Consulting (Turkey)
- ABeam Consulting (Asia Pacific)
- IPOPEMA Business Consulting (Poland)
How many offices does BearingPoint have around the world?
41, with an additional 77 global alliance offices.
What countries does BearingPoint have offices in?
BearingPoint has offices in 23 countries around the world, and works with partners in an 14 countries (denoted by * below):
- Europe: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland*, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey*, United Kingdom
- Americas: Argentina*, Brazil*, Chile*, Colombia*, Mexico*, USA
- Asia Pacific: China, Indonesia*, Japan*, Korea*, Malaysia*, Singapore, Thailand*
- Middle East: United Arab Emirates
- Africa: Morocco
What are the company’s latest revenue figures?
€781m revenue in 2019.
What industries does BearingPoint work in?
Automotive, banking & capital markets, chemicals, health & social care, industrial manufacturing, insurance, life sciences, public sector, resources, retail & media, telecommunications, transportation & logistics, utilities
How many training hours am I allowed a year?
A minimum of 40 learning hours must be completed each year and staff can choose to do well in excess of these hours if they wish.
What technologies do you use?
We have major competencies in Java and Microsoft technologies, we also have Data & Analytics and Robotic Process Automation (RPA) specialisms. Each project is different, and we use whatever technologies are best fitted to the work.
What benefits do you have?
How much holiday do I get a year?
Between 21 days and 25 days, depending on level.
Are overseas opportunities available?
Yes, we also have offices across Europe who are looking to recruit Analysts. Visit their career pages
for more information.
Can I apply for several positions at one time?
You may as long as they are relevant to your skill-set.
What do your leadership team look for in new hires?
“Making a difference for our clients is what being a Consultant is all about. This requires keeping up to date with topics of interest to our clients to ensure that we’re giving them the best advice and solutions we can. Our most successful consultants have a strong sense of curiosity coupled with a passion for learning. This allows them to analyse and solve the problems our clients have today and pre-empt what may come in the future.”
– Gillian O’Sullivan, Country Leader – Ireland
“In BearingPoint our staff balance ambition, innovation and entrepreneurial drive with a practical can-do attitude to deliver business and technology improvements to our clients. The variety and diversity of opportunities and customers in a consulting career is exciting and exposes you to leading companies and cutting-edge technologies and work practices across multiple industries and sectors. The people we seek to hire, fit comfortably within our culture of innovation, teaming, professionalism and integrity. Most of all, they enjoy their job.”
– Eric Conway, Regional Leader – Finland, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Italy, Sweden and UK