Data Privacy Statement
Data Privacy Statement
Personal Data (by choosing ‘I Consent’ during the application process you agree to all the terms and conditions.)
BearingPoint Ireland Recruitment and Hiring Privacy Statement
BearingPoint Ireland and its associated companies (all together “BearingPoint”) value your trust and are committed to the responsible management, use and protection of personal information. This Hiring Privacy Statement (this “Statement”), last Updated in May 2018, applies to all the information collected by BearingPoint, if you use BearingPoint’s online career resources, we collect personal data that you submit to the Website and we use it for recruiting-related purposes.
A full list of our main offices and legal entities can be found at here.
What Personal Data will BearingPoint collect?
When you apply for a job at BearingPoint, we will collect and use personal data about you during the recruiting process. BearingPoint collects a range of information about you during our recruitment process including:
- Your name and contact details
- Your qualifications, experience, skills and employment history
- Date you submit CVs/letters/other written materials
- Whether you have the eligibility to work in Ireland
- Your current salary and benefits and salary expectations
- Whether you have a disability for which we need to make reasonable adjustments during our recruitment procedure
- References from previous employers
- Data provided by third-party placement firms
Your submission of personal data constitutes your consent to our use of your data and your verification that it is accurate. You are not required to provide any requested information to BearingPoint but failing to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for the job for which you have applied.
By agreeing to this Statement, you agree to the use and transfer of the personal information you provided during the recruiting process to BearingPoint entities for the purposes of the candidate procedure. Some BearingPoint entities may be located in countries outside your home country, including countries where data protection laws may differ from those of your home country.
You also agree that BearingPoint may retain your contact details to inform you of future vacancies and recruiting events.
Your data will be stored on our internal IT system. It will also be stored in paper format in our HR department should you be employed by the company subsequently.
We may also obtain information from former employers to perform reference or background checks as appropriate. We will not share your data with any other third parties or transfer it outside the European Economic Area.
To the extent the personal information you provide for the candidate process contains details of your: racial or ethnic origin; physical or mental health or condition; job evaluations or educational records; commission (or alleged commission) of an offence or related proceedings; political opinions or beliefs; religious beliefs; sexual orientation; membership of a trade union or political party, you expressly authorise BearingPoint to handle such details for the purposes of your job application and the candidate procedure.
Why we process your personal data
We need to process various types of information about you to:
- Take the necessary steps before entering a contract with you
- Comply with our legal obligations such as checking your right to work in Ireland before employment starts
- Fulfil our legitimate business interests, including being able to manage the recruitment process, assess your suitability for the role and decide whether to make an offer of employment to you.
Cookies and Similar Technology
We take reasonable precautions to safeguard the personal information transmitted between visitors and the Website and the personal information stored on our servers. Unfortunately, no method of transmitting or storing data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Do not send sensitive information via email. It is your sole responsibility to use the appropriate level of care whenever communicating with us.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us at security@BearingPoint.com.
Links to other websites
The Careers Site may contain links to other websites. The operators of those other websites may collect information about you, through cookies or other technologies. If you link to another website, you will leave the Website and this Statement will not apply to your use of and activity on those other sites.
The Website is not intended for minors under the age of 15 or the lawful age of employment (whichever is greater) in any country in which we operate.
Data Retention and Protection
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, BearingPoint may nevertheless continue to retain and use personal data collected during the recruitment process in order to consider you for new positions, and, if appropriate, to refer back to an earlier application if you submit your CV or other information to BearingPoint again in the future. If you are given and accept an offer of employment by BearingPoint, personal data collected during your pre-employment period will become part of your BearingPoint personnel records, to be retained throughout and for a period after your employment with BearingPoint.
Correction and Deletion
To change personal information that you already submitted for consideration for a specific position, please resubmit your application and update the personal information related to your job application. We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Upon your request, we will deactivate or remove your personal information from our active databases, although some information may be retained as permitted or required by law.
If you have any questions or concerns about how we process personal information, please contact us at privacy@BearingPoint.com.. Please note that certain personal information may be exempt from such access, correction, or objection rights pursuant to local data protection laws.
If you have any questions or concerns about how we process personal information, please contact us at:
BearingPoint Data Protection Department
Group Compliance Officer
E-Mail (for non-sensitive issues only):
BearingPoint hereby disclaims, as far as permitted by local laws, any liability for itself and its affiliated companies and contractors for any of your information sent to our Website and which is lost, misused, illegally accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed or not integrally or timely delivered to our Website.
Changes to the Statement
We reserve the right to amend this Statement at any time without advance notice in order to address future developments of BearingPoint, the Website or changes in industry or legal trends. We will post the revised Statement on the Website or announce the change on the home page of the Website. You can determine when the Statement was revised by referring to the “Last Updated” date on the top of this Statement. Any changes will become effective upon the posting of the revised Statement on the Website. By continuing to use the Website following such changes, you will be deemed to have agreed to such changes. If you do not agree with the terms of this Statement, in whole or part, you can choose to not continue to use the Website.
Cookies are small files stored on your computer’s hard drive temporarily (session cookies) or for longer periods of time (persistent cookies). Cookies are used to identify and potentially remember a user’s computer and web browser. The cookies we use on this website are as follows:
- Twitter language cookie to change the way the website behaves and looks based on your preferred language, expires when you close your browser.
- LinkedIn cookies hold data on which language you prefer and what your communications preferences are. They also provide you with features, insights, and customized content in conjunction with LinkedIn plugins. They take a maximum of 6 months to expire.
- Google map cookie identifies a returning user’s device, expires after 6 months.
- YouTube cookies check user bandwidth and collect statistics, they take a maximum of 8 months to expire.
- Doubleclick cookies personalise our website for you, including targeting advertisements which may be of particular interest to you, these expire in a month or less
Analytics cookies: some of the cookies we use help us understand how our users use our website so we can optimize your user experience. Our website uses the following analytics cookies:
- Google Analytics cookies to track the usage of our website to improve and understand the user experience on our website. Google Analytics uses persistent cookies which take a maximum of two years to expire.
- LinkedIn Analytics uses third-party cookies derived from other websites’ advertisements to track your web use for marketing purposes, these take up to 6 months to expire.
For more information about cookies, explore these links: